Warehouse Engineering Design
Long considered a commodity item for the corporation, the Warehouse is now being seen in a different light due to the emergence of the Global, competitive Supply Chain. Whereas the Warehouse was a basic structure housing inventory in the past, the emergence of equipment, IT and construction technology has allowed for dramatic leaps in efficiencies and cost reduction by considering factors such as:
- Storage Optimization
- Multiple Racking Options such as double-deep, LIFO etc.
- Warehouse Flow-Through rates which directly impact productivity
- Docking and Loading / Unloading designs
- Order Fill Rates and Accuracy
- Damage Rate reduction by advance planning and division of warehouse space
Building a Warehouse is a long-term investment for any corporation, with the impact to have significant upside potential if designed and constructed with a long-term horizon in view. On the other hand, there is the possibility of the Warehouse becoming a liability whose cost of inventory damage, reduced flow through and inability to scale costs much more than the up-front construction expenditure.
IES has the experience, engineering expertise and partnerships that can help you overcome complex and changing needs as well as stringent requirements. IES utilizes a methodical, process-driven approach that includes:
- Requirements Gathering and Analysis
- Site Selection Assistance and Survey Services
- Complete Warehouse CAD based design including Civil, Electrical and Regulatory considerations
- Detailed hand-off to construction supervisor or provision of construction supervision (see Project Management and Supervision)
Contact us to learn more about our Warehouse Engineering Design services.